This position is responsible for the organization, development and maintenance of all sales-related activities in 8 states of Alabama, Arkansa. Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, and South Carolina. The “Point Person” coordinates takeoffs, reviews job scopes, determines bidding tactics, generates or collects (from estimating team) estimates and generates bids and closes sales. This position reports directly to the national sales manager or the president. The ability to obtain new sales contacts and review competitive situations, analyze market conditions and react in the best interest of Krieger must be demonstrated.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Salesmanship of Krieger’s products, hardware, installation and miscellaneous purchases.
- You must develop a high level of product knowledge through independent study and by attendance at all “assigned” product knowledge seminars, meetings and workshops.
- You must develop and strengthen relationships throughout the distribution chains as they are developed through the Krieger marketing plan. This will be facilitated by cold calls, follow-up, inquiries via phone, fax or by other means and office visits.
- You must increase public awareness of Krieger by promoting our quality and service wherever possible. This includes but not limited to architectural and consultant calls to initiate applications of our products. You shall make and submit weekly cold call reports for prospecting potential field calls. In addition to phone calls, you will make a minimum of ten architectural and ten acoustical or engineering consultant office visits per quarter. You shall make and submit a monthly field call report that references the contact, subject and next action steps.
- You must demonstrate ability in reviewing specifications in determining the correct materials necessary; utilize the appropriate forms to generate correct pricing, assist with cost pricing of components and by coordination of the bid.
- You must establish clear and discernible links between your calls and their outcome, such as mailings and specification writings and/ engineering details that are job specific. The salesmen’s influence will be measured by the number of contacts that generate sales within each region.
- After a sale has been established, you must process the order in a correct, complete, and timely manner. This includes house-generated orders.
As part of a Regional Team you must participate willingly to train, motivate and develop skills within yourself, as well as other team members.
- Follow the team charters.
- Create, direct and develop goals within the team to lend support with respect to organizational goals.
- You must engage in and complete assignments as directed by the team.
- You must be a willing participant, always prepared and you are required to attend all meetings unless pre-authorized to be absent.
Develop multi-functional activities to support the administration of the sales department and all other appropriate groups within the firm.
- In regard to job write-up management, coordination and review, write-up procedures, including but not limited to, logging bids, correct job write-ups with complete information, and coordination of start up with project manager and/or facilitator.
- In regard to estimating, author in-depth regional analysis and slope reports.
- In regard to marketing, supplement any marketing research available to aid insight to the company’s market forecast, short- and long-term sales by product and account as well as conduct surveys for new products. Secure specifications for existing or new customers.
- Assist the marketing staff by maintaining current mailing lists, generating binder requests and administering all contact reports.
- You must meet all budget requirements and participate in goal programs and incentive plans.
To develop the skills necessary to thoroughly and regularly update your management of your activities, the sales department and all other appropriate groups within the firm.
- This includes but not limited to the call reports (required with five working days after return), travel diaries (required with five working days after return), expenses reports (required with five working days after return), quantitative or statistical analysis require by the sale manager within the first week of the following month.
- The timeliness of these reporting tools is only subject to extensions granted by management. The inability to complete these reports in a professional manner is subject to fine against the bonus program.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. In so doing, one must possess basic language skills and the ability to write reports and business correspondence, as well as, effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of clients, architects and fellow employees. One must also demonstrate the ability to work effectively with mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages and general arithmetic.
Further, one must show the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. You must have a clean driving record and can drive a vehicle on company business as directed. You must be willing to travel via air and follow the current travel outlines generated by Krieger Specialty Products.
Administrate all sales within your territories to exploit the maximum sales potential, increase profitability and uphold the values of Krieger Specialty Products. You must show a high level of negotiation skills with decision-makers from established and potential accounts.
How to Apply