The continued growth of Krieger Specialty Products requires a dedicated and proven leader able to work closely with all business functions. The Senior Accountant will report directly to the Controller and successfully manage accounting and costing functions while complying with all legislative and corporate requirements. The financial reporting is prepared in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
The Senior Accountant must have strong technical and analytical skills with solid cost accounting background and a person of a high character. They must demonstrate the ability to make solid, objective, ethical decisions. They must be willing to learn and open to feedback for the improvement of their individual performance.
The individual must possess excellent language skills, the ability to write reports and business correspondence, effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of clients, suppliers, regulatory agencies, and fellow employees. Further, they must show the ability to define problems, collect information, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and create solutions appropriate to the situation.
- Maintains and reconciles general ledger accounts on a recurring basis, including prepares and records monthly journal entries for accruals.
- Completes account reconciliations and investigating discrepancies.
- Supports the monthly closing, by reconciling and rolling forward all balance sheet all accounts for month end close.
- Works closely with manufacturing operations to ensure accurate and timely capture of all production costs and effective analysis of production variances within the ability of our systems.
- Contributes to sales tax compliance across multiple states.
- Develops and maintains thorough financial procedures and systems with plant budgets and provides thorough analysis of variances Manages the inter-company transfer of products.
- Provides guidance to staff accountant(s) by assisting Purchasing, Payables and Receivables as needed.
- Ensures validity and accuracy of ERP through review, analysis, and coordination with operations.
- Develops, monitors and analyses manufacturing overhead allocation and burden rates to ensure appropriateness.
- Manages budget and controls expenses, effectively.
- Manages special projects and provides ad-hoc reporting and analysis.
- Understands and maintains all necessary records, time clocks, permits and inspections pertaining to all regulatory agencies.
- Participates in developing and implementing policies and procedures to streamline accounting processes.
- Must maintain safe maintenance practices and adhere to safety requirements.
- Attendance and Dependability: The employee can be depended on to report to work on or before the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments. The employee is to be willing to schedule additional work hours as need to complete the assignments as required.
- Relationships with Others: The employee shall use the MODLE of SUCCESS as a guide to work effectively and uphold our values while relating with others and maintaining constructive working relationships including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
The work environment for this position is primarily in an office setting. As Krieger Specialty Products is a manufacturer of hollow metal doors and wood products, the employee could be exposed to dust, various temperatures, fumes, and loud noise in the manufacturing setting. Due to periodic time spent on the manufacturing floor, the employee must be able to tolerate some exposure to these workplace characteristics. The employee must also follow allow company safety procedures, including wearing required personal protective equipment while on the production floor.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Krieger Specialty Products reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at their discretion. This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
How to Apply