Krieger Specialty Products is a leading manufacturer of special purpose doors and windows applications since 1936. Our products protect what is valued in places like nuclear power plants, world-class concert halls, radio and television stations, schools, and defense departments globally. KSP offers a value driven, team-centered, work environment.
Employees use the Model of Success as a guide to work effectively and uphold our company values while relating with others and maintaining constructive working relationships with management, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the company.
This position is responsible for the organization, development, and maintenance of all sales-related activities in these states: Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, District of Columbia, West Virginia, and Virginia.
Compensation and Benefits Package
Draw $90K for first 6 months. Commission pay with no cap after 6 months. Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, 401K, vacation and sick leave.
The Regional Sales Manager coordinates takeoffs, reviews job scopes, determines bidding tactics, generates, or collects (from estimating team) estimates and generates bids and closes sales. This position reports directly to the National Sales Manager or the President. The successful candidate has ability to obtain new sales contacts and review competitive situations, analyze market conditions, and react in the best interest of Krieger must be demonstrated. Administrate all sales within your territories to maximize sales potential, increase profitability and uphold the values of Krieger Specialty Products. You must show a high level of negotiation skills with decision-makers from established and potential accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sales of Krieger’s products, hardware, and miscellaneous purchases.
- You must develop a high level of product knowledge through independent study and by attendance at all “assigned” product knowledge seminars, meetings, and workshops.
- You must develop a high level of sales acumen through independent study and by attendance at all “assigned” sales seminars, meetings, and workshops.
- You must develop and strengthen relationships throughout the distribution chains as they are developed through the Krieger marketing plan. This will be facilitated by cold calls, follow-up, inquiries via phone, email or by other means and office visits.
- You must increase public awareness of Krieger by promoting our quality and service wherever possible. This includes but not limited to architectural and consultant calls to initiate applications of our products. You shall make and submit weekly cold call reports for prospecting potential field calls. In addition to phone calls, you will make a minimum of ten architectural, acoustical or security consultant office visits per quarter. You shall make and submit a monthly field call report that references the contact, subject and next action steps.
- You must demonstrate ability in reviewing specifications in determining the correct materials necessary; utilize the appropriate forms to generate correct pricing, assist with cost pricing of components and by coordination of the bid.
- You must establish clear and discernable links between your calls and their outcome, such as mailings and specification writings and/ engineering details that are job specific. The salesmen’s influence will be measured by the number of contacts that generate sales within each region.
- After a sale has been established, you must process per the sales procedures the order in a correct, complete, and timely manner. This includes house-generated orders.
- As part of a Regional Team you must participate willingly to train, motivate, and develop skills within yourself, as well as other team members.
- Develop multi-functional activities to support the administration of the sales department and all other appropriate groups within the firm.
- To develop the skills necessary to thoroughly and regularly update your management, sales department and all other appropriate groups of your activities.
- 3-5 years successful Sales experience
- Demonstrated effective customer relationship skills
- Excellent presentation skills, writing reports and business correspondence
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel
- Clean DMV record
- Must live in the territory, ideally Washington DC, Maryland or Virginia
- Ability to travel 20% of the time in and out of territory
Krieger Specialty Products is an equal opportunity employer
How to Apply