Krieger Specialty Products is hiring an Engineer for Commercial Doors. If you have experience in the Manufacturing or Construction industry we want to talk to you!
Krieger Specialty Products is a leading manufacturer of special purpose doors and windows applications since 1936. Our products protect what is valued in places like nuclear power plants, world-class concert halls, radio and television stations, schools, and defense departments globally. And yet, we offer a value driven team-centered work environment.
Compensation and Benefits Package
Hourly rate $25-$35 hour depending on experience. Company paid Medical and Dental for you and your dependents. 401K and other benefits available.
Employees use the Model of Success as a guide to work effectively and uphold our company values while relating with others and maintaining constructive working relationships with management, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the company.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the overall coordination of the work in progress assigned to you, including reviewing submittals, hardware schedules, hardware templates, cut sheets or other related information from the customer and/or project manager. Your scope covers the understanding of Krieger’s manufacturing processes, CNC software, AutoCAD software, product types and construction methods, shop drawings, release process, a working knowledge of compatible sub-components, hardware and engineering. Work involves planning, organizing, coordinating, data entry and preparation of manufacturing documents. You will work with limited supervision with latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Responsible for producing AutoCAD drawings which are converted into CNC programs for laser-cut, press-formed door and frame components.
- Creates and organizes manufacturing documents prior to release into production.
- Updates department manager by consolidating, analyzing, and forwarding manufacturing work order requests.
- Calculates all raw materials required for the work order, consolidating the BOM into a list for laser operators.
- Accomplishes engineering department and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough knowledge of Krieger’s engineering methods and procedures, general product knowledge and product characteristics, general and technical specifications of products for production usage and file management.
- You will be required to create and develop goals for your specific job function that will support our organizational goals.
- You must engage, and complete assignments as directed, skill set and work scope by the engineering manager.
- Any other duties as assigned by your manager.
Other Skills and Qualifications
- 2-5 years of relevant manufacturing experience with sheet metal, CNC fiber lasers and CNC press brakes, ideally experience within the steel door manufacturing industry.
- Strong work ethic, loyal, trustworthy, honest, team player
- Proven ability to multi-task and have regular contact with management, and employees
- Ability to work cooperatively with a variety of personality types
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess superior organizational skills and attention to details
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel and AutoCAD
- Must possess problem solving skills
- College degree preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to manipulate equipment, to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move office supplies weighing up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Finger dexterity is required to operate a computer keyboard.
Krieger Specialty Products is an equal opportunity employer
How to Apply